Sunday, May 24, 2009

Prime Ministers

A little over year ago I put a list of my favorite presidents and politicians on this blog.

Today I'll post my five favorite Prime Ministers of the United Kingdom. These are, in ranked order:

Clement Richard Attlee, Lord Attlee (1883-1967)
William Pitt the Elder, Earl of Chatham (1708-1778)
David Lloyd George, Lord of Dwyfor (1863-1945)
William Gladstone (1809-1898)
Henry John Temple, Lord Palmerston (1784-1865)
Tony Blair (1953- )

I'll also mention that my favorite Canadian Prime Minister was Wilfrid Laurier (1841-1919).

Yes, I know all the Prime Ministers I've listed had flaws, and some fairly serious flaws, but if you look over all the Prime Ministers, these are the five I like the most. I also like certain aspects of Winston Churchill and Benjamin Disraeli, but politically I would probably have voted against them in elections, and they don't really belong on my favorite British politicians list.

No comments: