Monday, December 27, 2010

Some photographs of Fall and Winter 2010

I've completed six of nine pages of photographs for my fall and winter photo albums.

Here they are:

A page for the ENTI 2010 Conference in Strasbourg.
And the ENTI Conference culture tour of Haut-Koenigsbourg Castle and Colmar.
And my photographs of Strasbourg, France.
And other parts of Alsace, including Colmar.
I have some photographs from Thanksgiving and December on this page.
And more photographs from the days around Christmas are here.
I've put up some photographs from winter Boy Scout activities.
And I also have a page of general fall photographs, mostly of Boy Scouting events.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
a comment from Sophie Lacour. We met in Strasbourg and I thank you for your kind comment about me. I just want to precise you that the man who is on the next photo with the comment : " I never did catch this fellow's name, but his face was especially expressive and fun to watch." is my husband, Richard Jousselin who is a professionnal of heritage interpretation and living history.
Thank you very much for this full report which remind us good memories.
If you come back to France and stop in Paris don't hesitate to contac us, we'll have lot of pleasure to make you discover our lovely city.
Contact us through the feng office of ENTI board.

Eric Hadley-Ives said...

Thank you so much, Sophie, I'll update that page.

Heritage interpretation and living history. Splendid. As a child growing up in Indianapolis, I very much enjoyed visiting a living history park called "Conner Prairie", where volunteers acted out life in an 1840s Indiana settlement. Now we live in Springfield, Illinois, and in the summer my sons have participated as children in the historical interpretation of life in the 1830s in the village of New Salem, where Abraham Lincoln lived as a young man. And, in the first weekend of June, we often go down to the old French fort and village (Fort de Chartres and Prairie de Rocher) for the great Rendezvous http://home.comcast.net/~hadleyives/pages/Fort_de_Chartres_2008.html

Give me an e-mail sometime at "eric" A-T "historylines" D-O-T "net" and give me your address. I remember you said you loved music, and I wanted to send you some.