Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Old doodles






I was cleaning up my office area at home, which had been threatened by a recent flood here in the basement, and I found a folder with some old scraps of art and clippings of interesting designs. This was stuff I made or collected between 1974 and 1989.

The first image is from 1974 (or 1973?), and I drew it when I was six years old. It's not really a doodle. It's a fairly serious drawing of a fish in an aquarium. The second image is an abstract doodle from 1981. I liked placing contrasting shadings and shapes around in a scene.

There are two doodles I did in 1987 and 1988. I remember drawing the one about love being true and eternal when I was in East Germany back in the summer of 1988.

The last image is an abstract I made on a Macintosh Plus back in 1986. I've added the color now. I always intended it to have color, but back when I made it you really couldn't do much color on a Macintosh Plus.

No comments: