Thursday, December 04, 2008

Three Christmas Songs

A few years ago I digitized an old LP recorded by the Zionsville Community Choir and the Eastbrook Elementary Fifth Grade Choir (Eastbrook Elementary of Pike Township, in Indianapolis). This was recorded in late 1978. The three songs I'm posting here are in m4a (AAC) format, so you need a player that can use AAC files such as iTunes to hear these.

The children's choir included myself, as well as several friends with whom I'm still in contact, including Dione Whitehead (Gordon), Andrea Wiley (Oliver), Annette Foti (Childress), Angela McCormick (Brown), Julie Ridenour (Dehner), Andy Hamaker, and others. Our director was James L. Fronczek, and the pianist is Sarah Fronczek. We were extremely fortunate to have Mr. Fronczek as our music teacher. I can remember being a new student in kindergarten, recently arrived in Indiana from my native Southern California, and being happy to have this nice music teacher (that was back in December of 1973(!)

Anyway, here are the songs:

Slumber O Holy Jesu (m4a AAC 2.1 MB), which lasts about 2 minutes.
In the Stable (m4a AAC 2.4 MB), which runs about 2 minutes and 20 seconds.
Away in a Manger (m4a AAC 3.4 MB), which runs about 3 minutes and 25 seconds.

I've got a large collection of Christmas music, and in my opinion, these are a few of the finest children's choir songs in my collection, and I'd say that even if I wasn't one of the kids in the choir.

I hope you enjoy the songs.

No comments: